For the modules 2,3,4, and 5 you will be asked to plan a health promotion program, discuss the implementation, as well as outline the evaluation process.
In this module, please propose a community or a population you want to design a health promotion program for.
Your task for this modular component:
1. Please describe the health and quality of life problems that this community or population group is facing. Which health problem seems the most important?
2. Please choose one health problem for your project. What behavioral factors influence this problem? Which of these behaviors are more important and which are more amenable to intervention? Which behaviors would you intervene on based on these considerations? What environmental aspects seem to also affect the health issue you selected?
3. What are the predisposing, enabling, and reinforcing factors for the health behaviors you identified for question 2? What are the enabling factors related to the environmental influences you detected for question 2?
4. What policies, resources, and circumstances can facilitate or hinder intervention on the factors you identified for question 3?
5. What data sources did you use to answer questions 1-4? If you were doing a project in real life, and this would be a comprehensive plan, how would you gather your needs assessment data? What would be your primary and secondary data sources?