Topic: talk about the technology of cigarette lighter :
Fill the following definitions of ˜technology’:
and knowledge of tools, machines, techniques, crafts, systems
methods of organization, in order to
1. solve a problem, 2 improve a pre-existing solution to a problem, 3 achieve a goal or perform a specific function.
It can also refer to the collection of such tools, machinery, modifications, arrangements and procedures.
You should cover all aspects of the example of technology you choose noting that
ï‚® Technologies significantly affect human as well as other animal species’ ability to control and adapt to their natural environments.
ï‚® Technology has affected society and its surroundings in a number of ways.
ï‚® In many societies, technology has helped develop more advanced economies (including today’s global economy) and has allowed the rise of a leisure class.
ï‚® Many technological processes produce unwanted by-products, known as pollution, and deplete natural resources, to the detriment of the Earth and its environment.
ï‚® Various implementations of technology influence the values of a society and new technology often raises new ethical questions.
ï‚® Examples include the rise of the notion of efficiency in terms of human productivity, a term originally applied only to machines, and the challenge of traditional norms.
1. The written assignment needs to be flawless and formatted 100% .Marks will be deducted if work does not meet the required standard.
2. You are expected to carefully consider all aspects of the remit/s and to gather information from textbook and from other creditable sources “ evidence of research “ information gathering.
There should be
3. “ evidence of comparison, analysis and understanding of the issues arising from the topic/s
4. “ a logical progression of analysis, argument and issue raising,
5. “ originality of analytical perspective and conclusions where appropriate,
6. “ an assignment framework that regularly references existing research, themes and propositions.
7. There should be referencing throughout using the Harvard referencing system.
8. Formatting is:
Title page (suitably adjusted)
2 Findings (with appropriate sub-headings)
9 Word count 2000 (+ or “ 250)