You have been asked to hold a series of instructional sessions for dietitians in a local community health center on the importance of fat in the diet and particularly how no-fat diets affect the biochemical processes of the body.
Design a three-part presentation (e.g., PowerPoint, Keynote) on the role of fat and why it is important in the diet. This should include:
Note: Please save presentation documents as *.ppt (PowerPoint) or *.pdf (Portable Document Format) files. When submitting a *.ppt file, please also submit a *.rtf or *.doc file of the text in order to check originality.
A. Part 1:
1. Explain how lipids can lead to ATP production.
2. Compare saturated and unsaturated fatty acids.
a. Create two original 3-D models to demonstrate the chemical structure of a saturated and an unsaturated fatty acid.
Note: Include photographs of your original models in your attached presentation or as separate attachments to this task.
B. Part 2:
1. Explain the role of fatty acids in the body.
2. Provide a diagram to demonstrate the fluid mosaic structure of cell membranes.
C. Part 3:
1. Explain how no-fat diets can affect the biochemical functions of the body.