What has been done in general to address the issue? (e.g. resources, facilities, organizations) You should find this in academic research from the Ashford University Library
- What has been done specifically in the community/city/town/state your team is researching to address this issue? (e.g., programs and interventions, creation of organizations to address the issue)
- Existing Policies “ What policies currently exist to resolve the problem? (For example: seatbelts were required by car manufacturers to reduce injuries and deaths from car accidents).
- Policy Development “ What new policies should or could be developed to better address the issue? (For example: some communities do not fluoridate their water systems, developing such a policy could help reduce dental caries)
- Identify stakeholders and potential facilitators. Are there leaders and/or organizations within this community that can be identified and assist with the policy development? Who are they and why did you specifically select them?
- Make sure you explain how the three essential services that fall into the Policy Development category are applied to your health problem: Inform, Educate and Empower; Mobilize Community Partnerships; and Develop Policies.