1. What considerations would you take into account when selecting numbers for addition and subtraction problems? Grade level will make a difference.
2. How would you help students learn these properties of multiplication: order or commutative property, distributive property, and property of zero? How would you help students discover that division by zero is not well defined an so is not really possible?
3. How do you help children who have been drilling their basic facts for years and still have not mastered them?
4. How can place-value concepts and computation skills be developed at the same time? Describe two activities that can be used to address these dual agendas.
5. Explain how our number system depends on God.
Van de Walle, Elementary and Middle School Mathematics (2013) chap. 9-11
Loop, Revealing Arithmetic (2010). page 14-46