Apply the Social Conflict Perspective to a current event. To complete the assignment successfully, you must compare and contrast the ideas of Marx and Weber regarding a local, state, national, or international current event. First, choose a newspaper article that represents an important social issue. You must choose a current event that is different from the topic in your first paper. Second, read the article in its entirety. Third, choose the concepts and ideas that best relate to your newspaper article. Fourth, find at least two outside scholarly resources that support your claims. Finally, write a 4-6 page essay relating the theorists? ideas to your topic. For example, how would you compare and contrast Marx and Weber on the use of steroids in professional sports? Make sure you mention your article in your essay by providing plenty of examples. You are required to use at least six sociological concepts that are consistent with the theories of Marx and/or Weber in your analysis. Rather than simply identify these concepts, you should use them to provide a sound critical analysis of your current event. In order to receive full credit for the assignment, you must provide a web link or attachment of your newspaper article.
Your paper should do the following:
1. Use a newspaper article dated after May 3, 2010.
2. Provide a summary of your current event.
3. Describe the main assumptions and principles of the Social Conflict Perspective.
4. Compare and contrast Marx and Weber regarding your topic.
5. Discuss the strengths and weaknesses of each theorist.
6. Utilize at least six sociological concepts, consistent with Marx and Weber in your analysis.