Report writing about , quality customer service plan, clurrent level of cusomer serv ice performance, and your organisation monitors, adjusts and reviews its customer service performance
This first section
of your report requires you to review the customer service plan for your organisation. If your organisation does not have a formal customer service plan you will be required to create one. Before an organisation can complete a customer service plan they need to do some research. This research should focus on the customer service focus of the organisation and also feedback from customers.
Complete the following questions:
1) Review the customer service plan for your organisation and identify how it plans to meet the needs of both its internal and external customers.
a. Internal and external customer categories should be clearly identified
b. Customer feedback should be analysed and how customer feedback was obtained clearly explained
c. Specific customer needs determined
2) Review the specific customer needs determined for at least one internal and one external customer from the customer service plan and using existing customer feedback explain how the following specifications of the customer were addressed:
This next section
of your report requires you to review the current level of customer service provided by your organisation. Frontline managers are involved in ensuring that products and/or services are delivered and maintained to standards agreed by the organisation and the customer. They work within the context of the organisation’s policies and practices as well as legislation, conventions and codes of practice.
This part of the report requires you to review the current customer service performance assessing how well products and/or services are delivered to customer specifications within the team’s business plan. You will need to review readings, videos and supporting material provided to you in the Moodle before commencing this assessment.
1) Review your organisation’s customer service plan (Part A of your report) to identify and explain the relevant legislation, codes and national standards that impact the delivery of products and/or services.
Legislation, codes and national standards include the following:
award and enterprise agreements and relevant industrial instruments
relevant legislation from all levels of government that affects business operation, especially in regard to work health and safety and environmental issues, equal opportunity, industrial relations, anti-discrimination and record keeping standards and legislation and fair trading
relevant industry codes of practice
Work health and safety considerations include:
knowledge of work health and safety legislation, principles and practice within the context of the organisation’s operations and plans
work health and safety practice as an ethical standard and legislative requirement
training of all employees in health and safety procedures
regular updating and reviewing of the organisation’s work health and safety systems, procedures and records
organisation’s responsibilities to customers and suppliers
adjustment of communications and work health and safety approach to cater for social and cultural diversity and special needs
2) What methods does your organisation use to measure service levels with respect to customer expectations as determined in the organisation’s customer service plan (Part A of your report)? Explain how these methods can be improved upon?
3) What tools and techniques can you use as a team leader to monitor team performance to ensure that the organisation’s quality and delivery standards are consistently met?
The final section
of this assignment is about how your organisation monitors, adjusts and reviews its customer service performance. At an organisational level, work is often carried out within complex and diverse methods and procedures which require the exercise of considerable discretion and judgement, using a range of problem solving and decision making strategies. For this section, Part C, you may choose to complete your review at a team or department or unit level and not at the organisational level.
This section requires you to review the characteristics of a product, system, service or process and that it meets the requirements of the organisation’s customers and interested parties. This section of the assignment requires review of your organisation’s strategies that monitor progress in achieving product and/or service targets and standards and may include:
ï‚· policies and procedures
ï‚· long-term or short-term plans for monitoring achievement and evaluating effectiveness
ï‚· feedback forms and other devices for communication from customers
ï‚· electronic feedback mechanisms using intranet, internet and email
ï‚· training and development activities
ï‚· questionnaires, surveys and interviews
ï‚· databases and other controls to record and compare data over time
Once you have completed Topic 3 on the Moodle you may commence this section of the assignment
1. Create a customer feedback survey (no more than 10 questions) that can be used with a customer group at your organisation. The aim of the survey is to provide you with information regarding the organisation’s achievement of service targets. The survey should be prepared for electronic distribution.
a. How can you use the feedback that the survey will provide to improve the organisation’s customer service?
2. . Explain the resources (a minimum of three) the organisation developed, procured and used effectively to provide quality products and/or services to its customers. These resources include: human resources, information, financial resources and capital resources such as buildings/facilities, equipment and technology.
3. Describe the procedure for reporting and managing customer service changes in your organisation. How would you improve upon this process? If there is not a procedure you will need to create one. A range of activities are required to adapt customer service and products and/or service delivery. Include reference to the following “
long “ term or short-term plans for monitoring achievement and evaluating effectiveness
training and development activities