pharmacological treatment of hepatitis C infection – Week 4
Type of document Essay Number of pages/words 2 Pages Double Spaced (approx 275 words per page)
Subject area Nursing Academic Level Undergraduate
Style APA Number of sources/references 3
Patient HL comes into the clinic with the following symptoms: nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea. The patient has a history of drug abuse and possible Hepatitis C. HL is currently taking the following prescription drugs:
Synthroid 100 mcg daily
Nifedipine 30 mg daily
Prednisone 10 mg daily
- One short paragraph on three differential diagnoses. Do not just say “symptoms are vague, no diagnoses possible, I will do further assessment.” Subjective & Objective information are provided vague so that you can develop a pharmacological case & discuss.
- One short paragraph EACH on how you will pharmacologically treat the three symptoms listed (Pharmacological Plan).
- Include NEWER AGENTS of cure for hepatitis C infection. Discuss how these newer hepatitis C drugs of CURE work.
- Discuss mechanism of action and key kinetics of these agents.
- One short paragraph each on Synthroid, Nifedipine & prednisone (pharmacological information) and why patient was on these drugs, based on objective & assessment.
- Long discussions/stories of no relevance to advanced pharmacology will carry no value with this project.
- Once again, include peer reviewed, scholarly articles of past 4 years as reference.
- A conclusion with pharmacology in focus.