Facilitation of Context-Based Student-Centered Learning
Type of service
Academic paper writing
Type of assignment
Pages / words
10 / 2750
You are the lead faculty in the community health nursing course for a prelicensure baccalaureate nursing (BSN) program. Your students represent varied experience, age groups, and cultures reflective of their diverse community population.
The director of the nursing program has charged you with developing an eight-week course titled “The Role of the BSN Nurse in Promoting Community Health.” The class meets for two hours weekly. The typical class size for the course is 40 students. In this task, you will create an outline that incorporates the essential components necessary for developing a course that will be informative to both students and faculty.
Your submission must be your original work. No more than a combined total of 30% of the submission and no more than a 10% match to any one individual source can be directly quoted or closely paraphrased from sources, even if cited correctly. An originality report is provided when you submit your task that can be used as a guide.
You must use the rubric to direct the creation of your submission because it provides detailed criteria that will be used to evaluate your work. Each requirement below may be evaluated by more than one rubric aspect. The rubric aspect titles may contain hyperlinks to relevant portions of the course.
A. Complete each of the following parts of the attached “Course Outline Template” for your eight-week course:
1. course overview, (brief and no longer than 75 words)
2. eight weekly course module topics
3. eight weekly key concepts
4. one to two evidence-based active learning strategies per week
5. citation of scholarly sources using APA format aligned to each evidence-based active learning strategy
Note: A formal narrative paper in APA format will be submitted that includes aspects B, C, D, E, and F.
B. Use the information from your course outline to complete the following:
1. Justify the following three aspects of the course based on your outline’s course overview:
• how the learner would benefit from taking the course
• specific concepts emphasized in the course
• relevance to professional nursing practice
2. Discuss how your eight weekly course module topics will cultivate the development of your course.
3. Explain how your weekly key concepts promote student-centered learning.
a. Describe how your weekly key concepts align with one of the following professional standards or guidelines:
• “The Essentials of Baccalaureate Education for Professional Nursing Practice” (AACN, 2008)
• Quality and Safety Education for Nurses (QSEN) competencies
• “Quad Council Competencies for Public Health Nurses”
4. Explain how your eight weekly key concepts align to your course overview.
5. Discuss the relevance of creating a course outline to your role as a nurse educator.
C. Discuss three learning strategies from your course outline and how they address the diverse needs of learners.
1. Describe how you will implement one of your identified learning strategies from part C to address diverse learning needs.
a. Identify the predominant learning style addressed by the strategy described in part C1.
b. Justify how your identified learning strategy will facilitate your students’ development of clinical reasoning and self-reflection skills.
D. As a nurse educator, describe how you would foster student-centered outcomes in each of the following learning environments to promote interprofessional collaboration and teamwork:
E. Describe how your nursing students’ cultural, societal, and life experiences can influence their abilities to learn.
F. Explain how one of the following learning theories can be applied to the development of a nursing education course:
G. Submit your formal narrative paper in APA style, including but not limited to title page, headers, in-text citations, and references.