Students need to identify a leader, academic or philosopher they admire or wish to investigate further. Find one that is relevant and useful to you and what you envision doing with your life or find one whose ideas are very thought provoking and that you have a deep intellectual curiosity for.
I am looking more for an analysis of a leadership philosophy than I am about a book report about the events in a leader’s life. Your paper should be at least 5 pages long double spaced and 12 point font.
These questions are provided to help guide and organize your thoughts: œYOU DONT HAVE TO ANSWER ALL
1. Where is the individual coming from “ the world of politics, business, military, etc?
2. What is the particular philosophy of leadership?
3. What are the roots, assumptions, values, and objectives?
4. How does the author’s background shape the philosophy?
5. How do the times in which he/she lived or live influence it?
6. Is leadership about accumulating power and influence?
7. Does the author believe that all people are inherently good?
8. Does the author believe that strong individuals are needed because most people are weak and pathetic?
9. What ultimately should the reader be able to understand about the leader after having studied their leadership philosophy?
10. Finally, you will provide your own assessment of the value of the philosophy. Here you will combine what you learned with how it applies to you personally. How will this philosophy help you specifically?