Paper Type: 1#Assignment
Pages 1 (275 Words)
Academic Level Doctoral
Role of IT Governance
Consider the role of IT governance in extending the leadership of the CIO through the IT organization and through the organization as a whole, including:
How do you envision the relationship between IT governance and best practices?
Is IT governance a critical factor in establishing IT-business alignment and ensuring performance of the organization in meeting its mission?
Are there circumstances in which informal (undocumented) governance is acceptable in an IT organization? If so, what type of organization would that be?
Use the Capella University Library to complete the following:
- Read Ali and Green’s 2012 article, “Effective Information Technology (IT) Governance Mechanisms: An IT Outsourcing Perspective,” from Information Systems Frontiers, volume 14, issue 2, pages 179–193.
- Read Buchwald, Urbach, and Ahlemann’s 2014 article, “Business Value Through Controlled IT: Toward an Integrated Model of IT Governance Success and Its Impact,” from the Journal of Information Technology, volume 29, issue 2, pages 128–147.
- Read Iden and Eikebrokk’s 2014 article, “Using the ITIL Process Reference Model for Realizing IT Governance: An Empirical Investigation,” from Information Systems Management, volume 31, issue 1, pages 37–58.
- Read Neto and Neto’s 2013 article, “Metamodel of the IT Governance Framework Cobit,” from the Journal of Information Systems and Technology Management, volume 10, issue 3, pages 521–540.
- Read Tallon, Ramirez, and Short’s 2013 article, “The Information Artifact in IT Governance: Toward a Theory of Information Governance,” from the Journal of Management Information Systems, volume 30, issue 3, pages 141–178.
- Read Turel and Bart’s 2014 article, “Board-Level IT Governance and Organizational Performance,” from the European Journal of Information Systems, volume 23, issue 2, pages 223–239.
Required Library Search for Your Own Scholarly Paper
For an additional required reading assignment, you are expected to conduct a search in the Capella University Library for one source that you find particularly interesting within the unit topics and incorporate it into your discussion in this unit. You may also wish to use the resources provided to help you improve your search techniques, reading techniques, and critical thinking. You can return to these resources throughout the course when you need a refresher:
- Capella University Library.
- Searching Effectively.
- Bibliography Mining and Cited Reference Searching.
- Reading Strategies.
- Critical Thinking.
The following resource on literature reviews offers a framework for your research in this course. We recommend the strategies and techniques offered in this tutorial: What Is the Literature Review?
Optional Enrichment Readings
The following list contains optional readings. These may be substituted, one-for-one, for the required list above to satisfy your own special interests:
- Ahmad, N., Amer, N. T., Qutaifan, F., &Alhilali, A. (2013). Technology adoption model and a road map to successful implementation of ITIL. Journal of Enterprise Information Management, 26(5), 553–576.
- Balocco, R., Ciappini, A., &Rangone, A. (2013). ICT governance: A reference framework. Information Systems Management, 30(2), 150–157.
- Jairak, K., &Praneetpolgrang, P. (2013). Applying IT governance balanced scorecard and importance-performance analysis for providing IT governance strategy in university. Information Management & Computer Security, 21(4), 228–249.