PART 1: Your boss at Dewey, Cheatham, and Howe has assigned you to work on a project. The firm is developing a section of its criminal practice devoted to public trust offenses, and you have been assigned to write a promotional material for the firm’s Web site.
- Write a 2-page description of a particular type of public trust crime. Be sure to add an introduction and summary to the assignment.
- You may choose any of the following example topics to complete your assignment or any of your choice.
- Examples of offenses against public trust include bribery, jury tampering, election offenses, embezzlement of public funds, and fraud involving public funds or trust.
- Discuss and address any laws pertaining to the topic chosen.
You are at a retirement party for Attorney Howe of Dewey, Cheatham, and Howe. You learn that Attorney Howe is leaving because she paid the governor of the state $2 million for the seat vacated by a recently arrested U.S. senator. Prepare a main post answering the following questions:
- Has Attorney Howe committed a crime? If so, who is the victim?
- When it comes to œaccepting the funds offered by Howe, should the individual on the receiving end be criminally liable as well?
Please provide references for both parts in APA format. Also, place both parts on seperate documents.