Directions for this paper:
Compose a well written 1000 word paper ,analyzing and comparing three definitions of religion (one good, one poor and your own initial definition).
Steps in the process:
1) Provided a list of definitions of religion (see resources, below) rank them from œbest to œworst (print and mark, copy and paste and then rearrange the list in your own order “ move the statements higher or lower in the list). Remember, just because you œlike or œdon’t like a given definition (a gut level response) does not necessarily mean it is a œgood or œbad definition. You should consider what you have learned about the criteria that go into making for a good vs. bad definition of religion as noted in the course materials (reference the lesson on œDefining Religion in Unit I)
2) Select one of the best and one of the worst (from your ranking) and explain why you classified them as you did. Be sure to clearly reference the criteria for a good definition that you have learned about.
3) Conclude by taking a look at your own initial definition of religion (from prerequisite activity #1, above) and rank it in relation to the others. Does it fall closer to being among the best or the worst? Why? If it is not near the top of the list as among the best, what might you do to improve upon it? Your last sentence should be your new and improved definition of religion.
4) œanalyzing demonstrates a clear understanding of each criteria to consider and applies these properly in relation to each of three definitions discussed
5) œcomparing three definitions: does indeed discuss three distinctly different definitions, including your own, and discusses the strengths and weaknesses of each definition in contrast to the others
ORDER WITH US FOR AN A+ QUALITY PAPER