Decision-Making Models and Dynamic Organizations
For the second component of your course project, examine the readings and your own research on dynamic organizational structures and decision-making models from Units 3 and 4. Consider how they relate to each other and how they are currently being used in your organization. For this assignment, address the following:
- Compare and contrast two organizational decision-making models for their ability to support IT business needs.
- Assess the organization decision-making model used in your organization to determine who makes IT decisions and how (or if) that alignment supports business needs and its effect on the competitive advantage of the organization.
- Compare and contrast two theories of dynamic organizational structures and change management in regard to their application to an IT organization.
- Assess the dynamic organizational structure used in your IT organization, analyzing the ways in which the governance model addresses changing technology and external business challenges (such as global competition).
- Evaluate the relationship between a decision-making model and a dynamic organizational structure. Include in your evaluation how the dynamics of organizational change impact the selection of a decision-making model and how the combination of a decision-making model and a dynamic organizational structure affects the competitive advantage of an organization. Use what you know about your organization to support your evaluation, as well as the readings and research from the units.
Your paper should be approximately 1,500 words and demonstrate proper APA formatting and style. You do not need to include a cover page or abstract, but be sure to include your name, assignment title, and page number in the running header of each page. Your paper should include a minimum of six references from your unit readings and assigned research; the sources should be appropriately cited throughout your paper and in your reference list. Use meaningful section headings to clarify the organization and readability of your paper.