Cultural Background Interview
Write an essay in which you answer and analyze the following questions about the person’s life and cultural beliefs and biases.
1. When did your ancestors come here?
2. What process did they take to make that journey?
3. What do you consider to be your culture?
4. When did you first become aware of your culture?
5. What do you remember about the attitudes toward other ethnic minority groups from significant people in your life (relatives, friends, or teachers)?
6. What do you value about your culture?
7. What does it mean to you to be an American?
8. What does citizenship mean to you?
9. How would you describe yourself and your personal values about others who are different than you?
10. What does multicultural education look like in a classroom?