Directions: Please provide detailed and elaborate responses to the following questions. Your response to each should be a minimum of one half of one page in length and should include examples from the reading assignments.
1. What kinds of beliefs or behavior would someone have to adopt before you would be willing to say that the person is œreligious? What does that term mean to you?
2. Explain the difference between religious belief and theology.
3. In your own words, what is Tillich’s objection to traditional or theological theism? Do you agree or disagree with Tillich’s objections? Why or why not?
4. In what way does evolution pose a problem for the design argument for God’s existence?
5. Do you believe that religion should be reason-based, faith-based, or experience-based? In answering this question take care both to justify your view, and also to explain what the differences between these approaches are.
6. Assuming that God really does exist, do you feel that belief in God should be a matter of faith or reason? Why?
PART II: Research Paper II
In a research paper two to three pages in length, please discuss the following topic:
In his An Enquiry Concerning Human Understanding, Hume argues that one cannot have an idea or belief without an impression (sense experience/perception). Do you agree with this view? If not, can you demonstrate otherwise?
Please analyze the empiricist view that sense experience is the only source of knowledge. You must posit a position and give three substantial reasons as to why you hold to your particular view about empiricism. You must use at least two articles on this topic and to support your argument. Remember that you may utilize LIRN to help you search for resources. You can visit the Academic Resource Center for a guide on how to utilize LIRN successfully. These resources must be cited in APA format.
Please consider the following questions as you develop your position:
Can knowledge only come from the senses?
What do I believe is knowledge?
Where does sense experience/perception fit in?
Why am I for this view?
Â· Is it possible to have knowledge outside of one’s experience?
Your final paper must be written in Times New Roman 12 point font and double spaced with one inch margins. Please remember to use APA format both in the body of your paper and your citations. This paper will be due at the end of Module 5 and should be submitted with your Module 5 Homework Assignment.