1. Contractor: May I ask some questions about this Request for Proposal for upgrading pollution-control devices?
2. Contractor: I don’t understand the clause on progress payments. Can you explain it to me in English?
3. Contractor: How much does the government expect to pay for this contract? If I give you a proposal for $300,000, would I be in the ballpark?
4. Contractor: I believe paragraph 8 of the specification is ambiguous. As I read it the requirement for replacing the filter support bracket is based on the assumption that rebuilding the filter adds significantly to its weight. However, my rebuilt filters only weigh a couple of pounds more than the originals. Is it okay if I base my proposal on the assumption that I may leave the existing brackets in place?
5. Contractor: Can you at least tell me whom I am competing against?