Unit II Article Critique – Business Ethics
- Tuesday, 02/04/2020 11:59 PM (CST)
From the Online Library, choose an article within either the ABI/INFORM Collection database or the Business Source Ultimate database on the topic of the ethics of drug testing in the employment setting.
Valentic, S. A. (2019). The Evolution of DRUG TESTING in the Workplace: The opioid crisis coupled with rapid marijuana legalization is continuously bringing substance abuse policy revisions to the forefront. EHS Today, 12(1), 17–18. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com.libraryresources.columbiasouthern.edu/login.aspx?direct=true&db=bsu&AN=134950546&site=eds-live&scope=site
After reading the article, write a 500-word article critique by addressing each of the following items:
- Briefly introduce and summarize the article.
- Do the author’s arguments support his or her main point?
- What evidence supports the main point?
- How could the topic of this article apply to your personal or professional life?
- How could the topic apply to an organization you have observed?
- How would you explain the role of leadership in corporate culture, and how would you describe leadership styles and how they affect ethical decision-making?
- Are there any inherent unethical practices with drug testing, though it is technically legal?
- What conclusions can you draw about the ethical issues facing business leaders?
The Unit II Article Critique should be at least 500 words in length, double-spaced, and written in Times New Roman, 12 point font.