You have learnt the key characteristics of projects in Topic 1 of this unit. Part A requires you to apply this knowledge and any further research to a real project.
- Select and describe ONE project that is presently or recently in the news. A project has numerous characteristics. Justify why you consider your selected example is a project
(400-500 words) (15 marks)
- Go to ONE organisation’s website (but not your employer) and identify and describe ONE project it has or will be undertaking (Not the same project as I above). Explain:
- The beneficial change (note: not the deliverable!) this project will bring about by using the deliverable. (150-300 words) (10 marks)
- how the project links to the organisation’s goals (150-300 words) (10 marks)
PART B (PROJECT MANAGER) (1200-1700 words) (65 marks)
There is extensive literature on the desirable abilities/characteristics/skills for an effective project manager.
- Describe THREE abilities/characteristic/skills, based on academic references. You must have at least 3 references for each answer (NOTE: you CANNOT chose LEADERSHIP as this is an assignment in the unit Project & People) (900-1200 words in total) (45 marks)
- You are arranging a big overseas holiday with 30 relatives and friends celebrating a major birthday milestone and you are the project manager. Reflect on how each of these abilities/characteristics/personalities will help you be successful in completing your project. (300-500 words) (15 marks in total)