Leadership is the ability to establish vision and direction, to influence and
align others towards a common purpose and to empower and inspire
people to achieve success.
Critically discuss the role of leadership style and teambuilding in
project management utilising appropriate theoretical models to
identify how project staff can be led and motivated depending on
project and its life-cycle. Include in your answer a discussion of the
role of leadership and communication in this process.
You will need to take the following into account when completing your
• Establishment of relevant theory (e.g. what do we mean by
leadership, how can leaders be classified, what is the relationship
between leader and team and project in theoretical terms?).
• Allocation of credit and sources used; (have I included references
and citations to the material I have used?);
• Clarity of argument and relevance to the project management
• Overall report presentation including spelling and grammar;
• Adherence to nominated word limit.
This coursework should follow a structured approach and should be prepared
and presented as an academic paper. You should undertake a relevant literature
review that helps inform your investigation. Please also ensure that the Harvard
Referencing System is adhered to and fully complied with.