Power Generation System Design
A utility company plan to build a power generation system that can deliver 400+ MW power to meet the local community demands. The plant will be located near to a lake for cooling. The water temperature of the lake is approximate 12 C all year around. Assume the maximum in let steam pressure is limited to 30 Mpa and maximum temperature must be below 1000 C.Develop a preliminary design of the power cycle, specifying the conditions for each stage, i.e.temperature and pressure (or enthalpy). Draw a schematic and a T-S diagram of the cycle withproper label.
Provide all detailed calculations to justify your configuration and conclusions.Specifications:
1) Super heated steam should be used.
2) Consists of at least two stage of turbine with reheat.
3) Apply regenerative feed water heater to improve the overall thermal efficiency.
4) Irreversibility of real system must be considered.
5) The steam at the exit of the last stage turbine must be saturated or above saturated.
6) Determine the mass flow rate of the steam and cooling water for the condenser.
7) Select the components, e.g. turbine, boiler, pump, condenser, and heat exchangers form the commercial market and/or manufacturer. The information received from various sources can be included in the appendices.
8) Determine the overall thermal efficiency of the system.
9) Provide the estimated cost of a budget required for building the power system.
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH US TODAY AND GET A GOOD DISCOUNT