Week 9 Discussion 1
œMoney Please respond to the following:
- Given our current economic situation, determine the steps that the Federal Reserve should take to help stabilize our economy.
- Explain how each of the following variables will be affected by proposed steps that you have identified in the first part of the discussion: money supply, interest rates, inflation rate, aggregate demand, and output. Provide support for your response.
Week 9 Discussion 2
œMonetary Policy and Inflation Please respond to the following:
- From this week’s e-Activity, examine two methods that the Federal Reserve can implement to support a stronger economic recovery. Provide support for each method in your response.
- Identify one way that the Federal Reserve’s actions have influenced a recent decision that you have had to make. Explain the basis for your decision.
e-Activity for above:
Go to the Federal Reserve Website to read the press release titled œFederal Reserve issues FOMC Statement, dated September 21, 2011 located at
Week 9 Discussion
œConsumer Protection and Protecting Consumers Please respond to the following:
- In reviewing all of the consumer protections identified in Chapter 17, determine the two most essential means of protection for citizens. Explain your rationale. Some of the consumer protections listed in this chapter are: The Food and Drug Administration, Broadcasting and the Internet, The Consumer Product Safety Commission, Privacy Protection including the Consumer Credit Protection Act.
- Explain whether the U.S. government should do more to protect consumers or if consumers should become more aware and informed in today’s business environment. Justify your response.