Due Week 4 and worth 280 points
Please review all three (3) of the following documents:
- œDivision for Africa, Least Developed Countries and Special Programmes
- œEconomic Development in Africa, Report 2012: Structural Transformation and Sustainable Development in Africa
- œModernizing and Enhancing BEA’s International Economic Accounts: A Progress Report
Choose one (1) developing country that is discussed in the readings. Select a product to market in the selected developing country. Use the following Websites to gather information for this assignment:
- CIA World Fact Book’s Website
- The World Bank’s Website
- Office of the United States Trade Representative (USTR), African Affairs
Write a six to eight (6-8) page paper in which you:
- Briefly (one  paragraph) describe the country and product that you selected for this assignment.
- Determine what type of governmental structure the selected developing country has and the challenges in marketing products there.
- Examine the local infrastructure of the selected country. Describe the selected country’s unique products and assess the difficulties in getting products to market.
- Evaluate the education level of the population and examine the labor force of the country. Determine whether or not the education level is moving the country into a different economic status.
- Analyze the monetary system and global debt structure of the selected developing country. Develop a system of debt relief that could allow the people of the selected developing country to invest in their country.
- Using the information from USTR’s African Affairs Website, determine if any imports are currently being delivered to the selected country. Examine the successes and struggles encountered when receiving these imports.
- Use at least three (3) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Determine the role of government in international trade, the various levels of economic integration, and the impact on international marketing.
- Summarize the major political and financial risks associated with international marketing.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in international marketing.
- Write clearly and concisely about international marketing using proper writing mechanics.