Go to: http://www.effectiveinventory.com Use the firm’s Search tool, and select one of the following articles and write a summary:
Fine-Tuning Safety Stock
Accurate Anticipated Lead Times Prevent Stockouts
A Realistic Approach to Inventory Reduction
Follow the assignment instructions for each topic in the Weekly Menus and stated below.
Write your essay using the following guidelines:
1. The essay length is 2 “ 3 pages of text. The focus is on quality rather than quantity. Graphs, tables, references and footnotes must go at the end of the
essay, and they are not included in the 2 “ 3 pages count.
2. The structure of the essay is organized into an easy-to-follow format with an Introduction (1st paragraph), a Main Body with Supporting Paragraphs of Discussion/
Analysis, and a Conclusion (last paragraph). No need to write subtitles.
3. The Introduction should be just 1 paragraph in length. It should explain why the topic is relevant for you and what your paper will discuss. Tell the reader what
is coming (the main points) in your essay.
4. Put a title on your paper. Not included in the 2 “ 3 pages count.
5. The discussion/analysis section is the main body of your paper. You should be able to use key operations management principles, terms, and models to discuss and
analyze the topic. Write about your main points.
6. We will use APA style because management is a social science. More information is at our Library, http://nuls.nu.edu/web/trainingtools/assets/media/APA.pdf or
http://library.nu.edu/FindResources/ReferenceTools/citations.html. Given the paper is just 2 “ 3 pages long, avoid using quotation marks with the ideas of others.
Write the ideas of others with your own words and properly acknowledge the source of it.
7. The conclusion should also be just 1-paragraph long, and it should sum up the main points of discussion/analysis in your paper. Be sure there is a strong
connection between the introduction and the conclusion. Tell the reader, in a summary manner, what your main points from the main body were.
8. Use font size 10 “ 12 and double space your paper.
Rubric to use in scoring your work: