Instructions: Complete the matrix by providing the Time Period/Date(s) in column B, and the Description and Significance of the People/Event(s) to American History in column C. See complete instructions in the Syllabus for the Module 1 assignment entitled, œTimeline Part I.NOTE: The timeline project does not need to be submitted to turnitin.
NOTE:Please write your answers in a clear and concise manner. Limit your submission of the Timeline Part I up to 250 words per topic/subtopic. For example, if a topic is divided into 3 subtopics, you may write a maximum of 250 per subtopic listed. Be sure to cite all sources.
Major Event/Epoch in American History
Description and Significance of the People/Event(s) to American History
1) Describe three different American Indian cultures prior to colonization.
2) The effects of British colonization on the Native Americans.
3) The evolution of the socio-political milieu during the colonial period, including Protestant Christianity’s impact on colonial social life.
4) The effects of the Seven Years’ War.
5) The evolution of the concept of œGod-given freedom of the individual stemming from the Protestant Reformation and developing through the American Enlightenment and the Great Awakening, and culminating with the Declaration of Independence.
6) The evolution of the socio-political and cultural milieu that created the conditions necessitating and including the formation of the:
a) Declaration of Independence
b) U.S. Constitution (including the Bill of Rights)
7) The character of George Washington and his precedent-setting impact for future presidents.
8) The evolution of Jeffersonian Democracy and its legacy, including:
a) The Louisiana Purchase
b) The Second Great Awakening
c) The Embargo Act
d) Issues with the courts
9) The War of 1812
10) The Monroe Doctrine
11) The evolution of Jacksonian democracy and its legacy including:
a) The Nullification crisis
b) The bank crisis
c) The Trail of Tears
d) The socio-political effects of Manifest Destiny
12) The causes and effects of the Mexican-American War (1846-1848).