Normative Social Influence
Work type: Research paper
Pages: 6 pages ( 1650 words, Double spaced
Academic level: Undergrad. (yrs 3-4)
Subject or discipline: Psychology
Title: Normative Social Influence
Number of sources: 3
Instructions will also be attached. Thank you!
Huang, C.-Y., Tzou, P.-J., & Sun, C.-T. (2010). Collective opinion and attitude dynamics
dependency on informational and normative social influences. Simulation, 87(10), 875–892. doi: 10.1177/0037549710387940
McShane, S., & Von Glinow, M. (2018). Organizational behavior (8th ed.). Boston, MA:
Nolan, J. M., Schultz, P. W., Cialdini, R. B., Goldstein, N. J., & Griskevicius, V. (2008).
Normative Social Influence is Underdetected. Personality and Social Psychology Bulletin, 34(7), 913–923. doi: 10.1177/0146167208316691
Normative Social Influence.
Scriptural Reference 1: Proverbs 13:20 (ESV) “Whoever walks with the wise becomes wise, but the companion of fools will suffer harm.”
Scriptural Reference 2: Romans 12:2 (ESV) “Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.”
Research Paper Instructions
You will be responsible for writing a Research Paper focusing on a social psychology topic of your choosing. The topic must be one that is discussed in the textbook. The focus of the paper will be to present and reviewpeer-reviewed research regarding your topic as well as provide a Biblical integration discussion for your topic.
For your paper, you must thoroughlyreview and cite 2peer-reviewed journal articles that demonstrate research regarding your topic.Your articles must present original research studies (e.g., correlational or experimental) in which the authors of the article actually formed hypotheses, collected/analyzed data, and compiled results themselves. Theoretical/review articles and meta-analyses are not permitted to be reviewed for this paper.
Some examples include (please note you do not need to choose one of these topics):
- For a paper on the Bystander Effect, you could find an article in which the authors manipulated the number of people present and measured helping behavior.
- For a paper on Relational Aggression, you could find an article in which the authors measured and correlated parenting styles with degree of relational aggression in daughters.
Keep in mind that these 2articles must come from academic, peer-reviewed journals. Articles from newspapers, magazines, and websites will not count. Also, information from unpublished dissertations contained in dissertation or thesis databases should not be used. In addition to your 2peer-reviewed articles, you must also cite the textbook in your paper. Other book sources will not count toward the source requirements. In the Biblical Integration section of your paper, you will be required to cite 2 different Scriptural references.
You will submit your paper as a Microsoft Word document through Safe Assign. A “draft” link is available for you to check the originality of your work, but all papers must be submitted in the “final” link for credit and grading. Your paper must contain original work to this course only (i.e., you cannot reuse a paper or portion of a paper you have written in the past for another course). Papers that do not include a topic covered in the textbook will be returned and you will be asked to submit a new paper. Normal late policies will apply. In addition, the paper should be written mostly in your own words. Excessive use of quotes is not permitted and will result in a score reduction. Be sure you are paraphrasing information from articles well and citing correctly to avoid plagiarism. Paraphrasing that is too close to the original wording is still considered plagiarism. All instances of plagiarism will be reviewed and action taken as necessary (e.g., point reduction, Code of Honor report, a score of 0 for the paper, failure of the course).
Your paper mustinclude a currentAPA-style title page, body, and reference section. The body of the paper mustbe at least 5 pages with a maximum of 7 pages (not including the title page, and references). Papers shorter or longer than this requirement are subject to point deductions. Please note that there is a specific page length requirement for the Biblical Integration section (1 page). Be sure to use current APA-style citations throughout the paper to avoid plagiarism.
The structure of the paper must follow the outline below and all section components mustbe included for maximum credit.
- Title Page – current APA style
- Provide a definition of the social psychology concept you are researching
- Provide a brief background of why this concept is important
- To relate your concept to “real life,” provide a specific, real-world example of your concept. This example can be either something you’ve witnessed in your own life, an example you “make up” to illustrate your concept, or an example used in one of your sources. If you use an example from a source, be sure to cite appropriately.
- Review of Article I
- Introduce the article, including the purpose of the article and any relevant hypotheses.
- Summarize methods (i.e., type of participants, procedures used to manipulate or measure variables)
- Summarize study results
- Explain how study and results demonstrate or support the social psychology topic chosen (you must be able to demonstrate that you can relate the specific study results to the general topic chosen)
- Review of Article II
- Include all of the same elements listed above
- Biblical Integration (must be at least one page in length)
- Discuss your topic from a Biblical standpoint (i.e., what does the Bible say about it). You must use at least two different Scriptural references in this section to support your discussion.
- Briefly summarize/define the chosen topic
- Briefly summarize the major results of each study
- Briefly summarize the Biblical standpoint discussed
- Reference Page – Current APA style
- Include 2 peer-reviewed journal articles describing original research
- Include textbook reference
- (Note that the Bible does not need to be included in your reference section)
Your Research Paper is due by 11:59 p.m. (ET) on Monday of Module/Week 7.
Research Paper: Topic and References Grading Rubric
||Levels of Achievement
|Advanced 90-100% (A)
||Proficient 70-89% (B-C)
||Developing 1-69% (< D)
||18 to 20 points
References for 2 peer-reviewed journal articles are provided(no articles from newspapers, magazines, websites, or dissertation databases). Articles should present original research (no theoretical/review articles or meta-analyses allowed).
|14 to 17 points
References for 2 articles are provided, but one article does not meet full requirements (i.e., fails to present original research) or does not come from a permitted source.
|1 to 13points
One article reference is missing or both references fail to meet full requirements.
|Textbook and Topic
Formal reference for course textbook is provided. Paper topic is clearly listed and is an appropriate social psychology topic covered in textbook.
|5 to 6 points
Formal reference for course textbook is provided. Paper topic is not clearly listed or is not an appropriate social psychology topic covered in textbook.
|1 to 4 points
Either topic or formal reference for course textbook is missing.
References for 2 different Scriptures are provided (including citation and Scriptural text).
|6 to 7 points
References for 2 different Scriptures are provided, but Scriptural text may be missing for one reference.
|1 to 5 points
Scriptural reference(s) or accompanying Scriptural text is missing.
|Advanced 90-100% (A)
||Proficient 70-89% (B-C)
||Developing 1-69% (< D)
||14 to 15 points
Reference page is in current APA style with minimal to no errors.
|11 to 13 points
Reference page contains some APA errors.
|1 to 10 points
Reference page contains several APA errors.